Friday, January 06, 2006

Wedding update and school

Well, I do believe we've set the date as September 30th - at least, that's the date I like, and Kyle doesn't so much care. So, September 30th it is. It'll likely be in Springfield, since the venue is free and it'll be easier to find vendors since Kristen did this once already.

As for school, I had a major problem starting in the new year. Last August I applied for an outside loan (outside of government education loans), and while I was approved, the school denied it because they stated that if I was getting help from work, I make too much money. Hahahahahahaha - I couldn't live in this area without a roommate, so that's insane. Anyway, I faxed a form stating that I wasn't getting help since it's contingent upon several things...1). that my course is approved as being related to my job 2). I haven't been laid off or something like that, and I'm still employed there 3). that I have a passing grade of C or higher. If I miss any one of the criterion, well, I don't get help.

Apparently my financial aid counselor never told me I had to reapply for the loan, not until late December...and I had some money due, which he stated would NOT hold me out of class. Well, it actually did and canceled everything, and since I'd been off for almost a month, I HAD to be in class on 1/3/06 or I might forfeit funding...so on 1/3/06 I was panicked and upset that I was going to lose funding and possibly delay my graduation by at least a month. :(((((

They managed to emergency add me after I proved I had been approved (AGAIN) for the outside loan, but now I still don't have classes. I am bugging my academic counselor about that part, and I hope they get their act together. Since I haven't really had problems before I think it will be ok, but I am still somewhat worried. They do have about 4 weeks, though, so I guess they have time to fix it all.

For my last elective credits, I am looking to take a digital photography class on Tuesdays for 3 1/2 hours...should be fun, if they'll accept the credits. And, I'll learn about Photoshop, which is good because I'll never pick up a book on my own...always something more important and less boring, ya know?!

Anyway....I will certainly be glad to get done with school in October!!

No comments: