Sunday, July 15, 2012

Learn to appreciate blank space & silence

It's 4:17am and I've been awake since 2:45 because I fell asleep with the toddler...yes, we have a toddler. How'd that happen? Anyway, when you fall asleep with a toddler and don't sleep a normal 8 hours [even if you do], you wake up far earlier than you would normally. So here I am, looking at Pinterest and Facebook and I've been reading all sorts of posts/looking at pictures on a DIY home improvement site.

Seeing one of their photos of their patio (which I can't find again) where there were only a few plants poking out of the mulch made me realize that I am twitchy about blank space. I don't know why. However, I'm weird with silence in a conversation as well and it's sort of the same thing. What I noticed in the photo was that they had blank space in the garden area and it was ok! I have a big blank space in my water garden and I was trying to decide how to fill it and now I'm thinking I really don't need to. I'm not sure why I feel like every space and silence needs to be filled but the more important thing is here to learn to get past that.

No comments: