Sunday, July 15, 2012

Making up for lost time

Wow, it's almost like I have nothing better to do than vomit things from my brain into Blogger. :)

Reading the DIY blog helps me realize a couple things - 1) I should stop stressing that my house isn't "done" before our housewarming (I called it a BBQ but everyone knows what it is) next week and just enjoy it...even if I'm still going to do some planting/prettying up the outdoors a bit tomorrow!! 2) enjoy the process; even though I'm not really into home renovation, I love before/after progress and that is to be valued 3) I should probably make a list since I love lists anyway. Dear husband hates them, I think, but I love crossing things off a list. Makes me feel productive.

Additionally, I should probably start writing things down more or in 10 years I won't even remember what's happened since I have a terrible memory. Photos are nice but sometimes they need context. They're definitely enhanced by context, and the journal is improved by them - it's quite the complementary (yes that's the correct spelling!) relationship actually.

I should probably go back to bed now. I'm thinking of reading more of What Alice Forgot, though. It's really good and makes you think.

No comments: