Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weight loss incredulity

Well, as of April of this year I started going to Weight Watchers again to get myself back on track.  I've got a few minor-could-be-major-if-I-don't-take-care-of-them-now health problems and the # 1 way to reverse them is to lose weight.  I can't deal with the selfishness of having to face our son one day and explaining to him that Mama is sick and won't live as long as she could have because she made poor choices.  I don't do well every day, but I try to do a little better at least a couple days per week.  I'm working to eliminate high fructose corn syrup in at least the most obvious sources - bread, peanut butter, jelly, hot dogs...those sorts of things.  HFCS is something I think my body in particular has a hard time dealing with so it would be for the best if I stop eating it.

Anyway, today I was reflecting on my weight loss.  I'm down (officially, weigh in is Thursday) 22.2 pounds and while I know I've been struggling with my old habits and stalling my weight loss, it's actually a great number - and I expect it to improve this week.  I'm seeing weight loss that I think I may have given up on and it is giving me an out-of-body experience.  It feels like I'm lying about my weight loss or telling someone else's story; it doesn't feel like mine.  Even though my clothes fit differently, my stomach feels and looks smaller, and people are starting to notice...it still feels...weird.

I think this is common, but I thought it was common with more weight loss.  I can deal with it and I'm starting to feel focused on my goal - I'd like to hit 45 pounds by the time I go back to the endocrinologist at the end of September.  I have approximately 9 weeks to lose 20* more pounds and it's doable if I stay focused. 

Wish me luck, cross your fingers, and if you see me with some snacky thing that will sabotage me, for goodness' sake please slap it out of my hands!  I will try not to punch you.  At the very least ask me if I journaled the points :)

Until next time,
Incredulous in S-town


*I am anticipating that I'll surpass 25 pounds this week so that's how my math works out.

No comments: