Friday, July 29, 2011

Long absent

I'm still around, but I do most of my posting on Facebook or G+ these days.

Our son, M, was born last November and is 8.5 months old. Time sure flies...he's amazing and I didn't know I could love this much. I find myself just sitting and watching him play and I'm content just to be with him (although sometimes I do watch tv while he plays). It's not something I would have expected to like.

We started feeding M solid foods when he was 6 months old and now he's moved on from single ingredient foods to multiple ingredient foods; we recently added meat and yogurt to his diet and he's enjoying them. So far I'm proud to say that we have been able to abstain from buying "baby" food - my friend gave me some baby cereal, but I can't make that so it doesn't count. I'm sure at some point we'll break down and buy some rice puffs or yogurt bites or something but hopefully we'll never be too busy to make the bulk of his food. Besides, it's so easy...and now that he can eat meat, we can almost just make him a serving from our plates. I'm not sure how concerned to be about salt, so we're still only feeding him a little bit of the adult food.

So far the interesting food we've made him: squash and roasted red pepper risotto, pear apple and blueberry sauce, cream of chicken broccoli and rice, and roasted green pepper quinoa.

I'm pretty bored by this post, however, so I'm going to cut it short (and in 8 months, I'll post something else that's boring!).

No comments: