Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wedding and babies (not my own)

Long time no update.

Well, I’m married now.  To address some questions that I keep getting asked:

“How was the wedding?”  It was really nice.  Some small things went wrong but overall I think it went well.  Hopefully the guests feel the same.

“Do you feel different?”  No, it’s not different except that my last name is all weird and not the same.  It’s going to take some getting used to, that’s for sure.

“When are you having kids?”  I’ll address this after I talk about babysitting.

---

My brother and sister-in-law have been out of town since Thursday and I’ve been taking care of my niece, Sam.  It’s been fun, but really different.  I started out wondering how I was going to keep a 2 year old entertained.  As it turns out, they’re pretty easy to keep busy.  

Still, though, there are a lot of hours in her waking day so I spent the first day wondering how to fill them and today wondering how to get her to bed on time.  I’d say I’ve progressed. :) There were a couple times I was feeling a little lost, but overall it was a pretty good day.

On to the “when are you having kids” question, though.  I have very much enjoyed my time with Sam, but I am also glad that I can give her back.  I don’t think I could keep this up for 18 years. :)  Kids are a lot of work and I don’t think I’m quite ready.  Granted, I spent a lot more time with her than I could normally spend with my own kids on a daily basis because I didn’t do anything but play.  Normally there would be house cleaning or laundry or something that didn’t involve reading Beauty and the Beast for the 15th time.  But there is still that huge demand on time, and I don’t know if I’m ready for that yet.  I’m just getting out of school and there’s still some stuff I want to do with my husband – like travel if we ever have money – that will be difficult or impossible to do with children.

I guess it works out in the end though – we don’t have money or space for a kid yet.  

Much love to Samantha, and ta-ta to baby fever -- for now.

No comments: