Thursday, October 26, 2006

TEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

School is going well...only 10 more days! I am so stoked :D

Work is going well. So far we've been really busy - or maybe it's just me because I am new. In any case, I hope it stays that way. I like being really busy because the day goes faster. :) Oh yeah...I recently got a new job. I am working for the city out at the airport in the finance department. Yes, the airport is owned by the city. When you think about it that makes sense. It's a complex business with lots of vendors, etc. so who did you think ran it? Honestly I never thought about it before. *shrug* Anyway, I've learned to process purchase orders, "receive" invoices, pay invoices, enter cash and checks, data enter fuel usage, handle petty cash...I think there is more but I can't think of it right now.

One thing that I am not used to is a staff meeting every Monday where the managers present talk about real business. In my last job the managers had a meeting on Monday, but we peons weren't part of that. Since I still feel like a peon, it's weird to me to have a meeting with everyone including the Director of Aviation. And I had to go to a bored meeting to be approved as the petty cash custodian. So far I really like it and I'm starting to feel like I am NOT a peon. It's pretty nice, actually.

Well, it's late and I don't have time to write anything else.

Except maybe TEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: