Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Obama has more threats than other Presidents-Elect"

Read this article, or do what I did and just look at the headline.

OK, so real fast here - I didn't read the article but I don't think I need to - I know what it's going to say. And you know my response? YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY. Did I really need to know this? It's not new information.

This has been one of the most controversial elections in our recent (last 100 years or so) history. The people were polarized and incredibly passionate about "their" candidate(s); the issues have led to explosive debates among the general public; voter turnout was supposed to be the highest in many years; and the black man won, instantly disappointing the 46.2% (roughly) of people who voted for McCain (even if not at the same time inspiring hatred).

And, considering this article, it should be no surprise that our first black President(-elect) is receiving more threats than any other. As late as two thousand (mother-fucking) six the KKK is *still* beating people for being the wrong "color" (or nationality in this instance).

So I say again...ya don't fucking say!

No comments: