Saturday, November 15, 2008

Belated "Yay Obama!" Post

I am so thrilled that Obama was elected. I am happier still that it was a landslide, because I was afraid we might see another 2000-esque controversy. As "fundamentally sound" as our economy might be, the stock market is still an emotional beast and she did not like the indecision in 2000.

I have so much hope for what he can do; I am impressed by his positive messages and his overall positive campaign. Looking back, several others concentrated on slinging mud and scare tactics rather than offering solutions. I prefer the positive.

I sincerely hope that he is allowed to follow through with his vision for us; he might make some colossally huge mistakes, but he can't do too much worse than the last 8 years.

And I hope he *does* fill his cabinet with his opponents - they are smart people who have different points of view, and I think that's important for any president. Yes-men in the Cabinet do not a strong presidency make. I want to hear about intelligent, spirited debate regarding the issues that we face as a nation. The problems are complex and no one person can be expected to know all the answers immediately and flawlessly. I bounce ideas around and ask for criticism; I expect no less of our President.

Here's to hope...Yes we can!

No comments: