Saturday, May 24, 2008

I hate Antibiotic

So, I got bitten by a dog last week. I have been on 2 different antibiotics since Monday, and one of them is horrible. I have to take it 4 times a day and it's so strong, or whatever, that you're not allowed to lie down or bend over or, apparently, lean forward the slightest bit, for 30 mins after taking it. If you do, it's the worst case of acid reflux/heartburn you've ever had. But rest assured, you can drink a little water which does absolutely nothing or heartburn meds which do absolutely nothing. Instead, you can sit around for about 20 mins praying for your life to end and eventually it will fade.

This is the second time now, and I've been pretty conscious about not bending over. It's 5:30 in the morning and I got up, on a holiday, to be tortured. I'm tired and I want to go to bed, my esophagus/chest burn (it's rather like the whole area from the neck to the top of my breasts is on fire), and I probably won't be able to sleep after I've been awake the obligatory 30 mins to avoid exactly what I am feeling now.

I'm just about ready to throw in the towel and do what I lecture others about - skip the rest of the pills. The bite is healing and WHY THE HELL do I have to torture myself by staying up late and getting up early to take a pill? This isn't fair.

I'll talk to Kyle before I make any decisions since this is a bad idea, but it really hurts. And chances are that since I went 2 days without it that I never had an infection anyway.

No comments: