Sunday, August 21, 2005

For a limited time only!!1!one

Yesterday I saw something odd, which I haven't ever seen before. Actually, it wasn't so much the thing that was odd as much as the sign and the location.

As I was driving yesterday, I saw one of those outdoor canopies such as you would see at, say, an outdoor barbecue or a booth at a flea market. There were two, actually, and they were in the parking lot at a gas station with several signs stating that they were selling shoes for $19.95. Well, selling shoes is not odd, and neither is selling them for $19.95. What struck me as odd was that a). they were in a gas station parking lot and b). there was a sign that said "For a limited time only!"

No way. You mean that a "shop" set up in a parking lot isn't permanent? That when they decide they're closed, invisible walls don't encase the canopies to prevent a 100% discount?

Holy crap Batman!

For a limited time only...you don't say. :)

No comments: