Sunday, July 17, 2005

Avoiding homework...again and still!

Ahh yes, my old remedy to hating school...avoiding it and waiting until the last minute to finish, while hating myself for procrastinating. There certainly is something to be said for the familiar feeling of being home!

As I speak, I am supposed to be examining a scenario to determine if there is any civil liability for one of the characters and one of the companies involved in said scenario. All in all it is interesting, but it's still school and as such, it's not fun :) But, I'll still put in the research and turn out a quality paper. I am such a lousy model student :)

And on to the required reading...it's completely insane to expect someone to be able to read 150-300 pages of a textbook in a week, every week for five weeks, with one break between classes, and still emerge from the experience a fully functioning, cognitive, creative, well-adjusted human being. I feel like doing cartwheels across what would be considered a lawn in this tiny apartment complex, chanting, "they've come to take me away, ha ha," and bonking my head into the wall repeatedly for having set this course for myself.

Anyway, I do enjoy school and the debates that we have in our classroom, but I have to wonder if I will carry even 15% of what I have learned into the workplace with me once I have earned my degree and marched in the footsteps of others who've gone before me in search of the ever-better career. Do I want to climb the ladder? Do I have what it takes? Who knows...I hope I'm up to the course I've set for myself.

No comments: